Saturday, 17 April 2021

NEWS AND STORIES

I didn't collapse after Jonathan's defeat, says

Posted On Saturday, 25 April 2015 12:44 Written by
Rate this item
(0 votes)

A former Federal Commissioner for Information in Nigeria and acclaimed leader of the ethnic Ijaw group, Chief Edwin Clark, has debunked rumours that he collapsed after President Goodluck Jonathan was defeated in the 28 March Presidential election.

Clark, who left Nigeria Friday night for London, spoke with journalists in Abuja, declaring that it was wrong for anyone to think that he would die, after Jonathan was thrashed by Muhammadu Buhari in the election.

He said some people had been going round with rumours that he collapsed when he heard about the outcome of the presidential election.

“I am here today to tell you that I am not dead. Or am I dead? In every election, there would be winners and losers. The same thing happened during the last presidential election.

“I am alive. Today, I won’t talk about what happened before, during and after the election. That will come another day.

“I am talking to you now because I am travelling tomorrow and some people will go into the streets and say I was carried into air ambulance.

“President Jonathan that contested election had congratulated the winner and the whole world acclaimed him for conceding defeat.

“Jonathan was the one who contested election, I didn’t. So, why should I die.”

Read 3293 times

Leave a comment

Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.

Xclusive Nigeria Television (XNTV)

Newsletter

- Advertisement -



Ads