By Gbenga Omokhunu, Abuja/ THE NATION
The outgoing Inspector General of Police (IGP) Mohammed Adamu has handed over to his successor Usman Alkali Baba.
The ceremony took place at the Force Headquarters, Abuja.
He handed over after Vice President Yemi Osinbajo decorated Baba with his new rank in the State House, Abuja.
8 things to know about new IGP Usman Alkali Baba
By Alao Abiodun/ THE NATION
President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday announced DIG Usman Alkali Baba as acting Inspector-General of Police (IGP).
According to the Minister of Police Affairs, Maigari Dingyadi, the appointment takes immediate effect.
The Yobe born Police chief has held several strategic positions in the past.
Here are few things to know about the acting IGP:
1. Usman Alkali was born on 1st March, 1963.
2. He hails from Geidam in Yobe State and has had meritorious years in the force.
3. He has also served in various capacities such as DIG Force CID and was also the Force Secretary at the Force Headquarters, Abuja.
4. He has served in various commands including Kaduna as the Deputy Commissioner, Administration; He was in FCT as the Deputy Commissioner, Investigation and was also in the staff college as a directing staff.
5. He was in Ilorin as an Area Commander. He was the second-in-command in Ebonyi, He was also an Assistant Commissioner, CID in Kaduna and before then was DPO (Divisional Police Officer) in various places like Yola, Gombe, Kaduna, and Jos.
6. He holds a Masters in Public Administration (MPA) Degree from the University of Maiduguri, Borno State 1997 and a BA (ED) Political Science from Bayero University, Kano State as well as Professional Courses/Workshop Institution.